Monday, April 11, 2011

Facebook Addiction: A Survivor's Tale

What I'm going to tell you about Facebook addiction

Facebook addiction had a big effect on my life, until I learned how to overcome it. I'm about to tell you how I battled Facebook addiction and managed to cure myself. If you are thinking about how to overcome Facebook addiction right now, then maybe this could help you as well.

Facebook addiction Took Me By Surprise

I joined Facebook quite late, when many people were already on the site. I quickly grew my account to hundreds of people from the past. With people requesting my friendship after seeing me online, I just felt I couldn't say no. And it was fun! I spent so much time catching up with people I hadn't been in contact with for years. It's unclear when this became a Facebook addiction.

When does using Facebook become an addiction?

Addiction is defined as a psychological dependency that continues despite having negative side-effects. I didn't think I had Facebook addiction at the time. I used to spend a few hours of free time easily on the site, using chat, playing games, and catching up with friends. But on the days that I didn't have time to use Facebook because of work, I found myself anxious; waiting to check what was going on. I felt so disconnected from everything. It was like life was happening elsewhere and if I wasn't on Facebook, then I was missing out. I guess it was at that point that you could say I had a Facebook addiction.

Part 2 now available. Check menu on the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment