Thursday, June 16, 2011

Facebook Addiction And The Cafe

The man close to the door sat looking at the wall, and then at his Facebook page for several minutes. Then he would look up again, as if to gain his bearings. The waitress approached. “Can I get anything more for you today, sir?” He looked perturbed, then quickly regained his composure. “I’m fine, thank you. Maybe a little later on.”

Meanwhile, across the wooden darkness of the cafe interior, across the swamp of lamp-free nothingness that gave the impression of creating an ocean of life experiences and difference, sat a couple, intimate and animated. “So babe, my dear, how are we going to celebrate our anniversary?”

“It’d be so sweet if you could write me a note like the one you wrote on my Facebook wall when we first met.”

“Well of course babe, but what do you want us to do afterwards?”

“There are so many ideas, let me just check my Facebook suggestions.”

And so the couple continued to discuss their plans, and as they did so, across on the other side of the cafe, at least four or five people, sat with their computers. The glow of their computer screens lit up their faces in an ethereal glow. The colours varied from a blue reflection to flashes of yellow and red and green. At least three or four people with the static blue colour occasionally got up and shouted “yes! I got a like for my status update!”



Facebook addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment